Beyond the iPad Hype Podcast: Consumers, Developers and the Gadget World
Mobomo’s Barg Upender joined me for a podcast today to talk iPad hype versus reality. Barg is a serial entrepreneur who is plugged-in to the developer community in DC, and a great human being. I enjoyed talking to him as he brings a great mix of techie know how, real world experience, consumer savviness and humor.
Headlines from the Podcast:
- Apple has just begun. We are very much in the early stages of what the iPad will deliver.
- It’s really all about the apps, and Apple’s ability to capture developers’ imagination and time.
- iPad helps extends Apple’s reach across the entire family. Imagine Mom on the iPhone, Dad on the lap top and the kids on the iPad. Kids doing homework with an app in the background making sure they don’t start playing video games.
- iPad delivers a better reading experience than the Kindle, plus lots more stuff to play with, so don’t be surprised to see it as the gadget of the hour.
- Developers looking at where to put their dollars and time will likely still be focused on Apple versus Google.
Listen here for the full version:
Check out Mobomo and their ever growing list of great iphone apps:
- ExpenseBooks – Track expenses on the go.
- Tweeb – Twitter Analytics on Steroids.
- HexOut – Challenge Your Brain.
- Rings – Incredibly addictive reaction game,
Popularity: 8% [?]