Motivation on the Go – Diet Apps
Summer is hear. I love eating outside, going to the beach and having a more unstructured schedule. Problem is that I tired on my shorts and they don’t fit. Yes, all that tweeting and blogging instead of walking has added up. So it’s get back into the shorts time. I looked at a bunch of apps to see which could help the cause.
Lose It was my favorite and its free!
Why I like Lose It:
- You create a custom plan on set-up with goals (like lose 1 pound a week).
- It’s so easy to track what I eat and exercise on the go.
- It’s so quick to add foods because it saves the foods and meals you eat.
- You can add new foods and exercise.
- It gives you extra calories for exercise. This is motivating because if I over eat a bit I can make it up with some exercise.
- You can set-up reminders to enter your food.
- You can add friends and who doesn’t need a little friendly support to keep on track
- They even have a the Lose It website where you can get more detailed reports and participate in forums.
I do think its database of food is a bit limited if you like ethnic stuff. I was surprised how little Thai, Chinese and other stuff they had. But overall this is my favorite way to track my food.
So hopefully, I get back into my shorts soon. Whats working for you to stay motivated?
Popularity: 4% [?]