Top Ten Reasons to NOT get a Tween a Cell Phone
Julia is nine, super responsible and really wants a cell phone. So should I get my almost tween daughter a cell phone? So far the answer is “NO WAY”. Here are my top ten reasons to NOT get my 9 year old a cell phone:1. Waiting for stuff you want builds character
2. I want her to be a kid, not a teenage wannabe
3. Her little sister will likely hide it in a bag and it will be WWIII in my house
4. I do not need another “get off it and read a book” gadget in the house
5. She does not go anywhere alone yet
6. The other parents in the class will appreciate not hearing “Julia has one”
7. I’d rather pay for guitar lessons than a cellphone plan
8. She will likely lose the phone in a week
9. She does not need to text LOL all day long
10. I want her to write sentences not text
I think this is very different by family situation and kid. I will get Julia cellphone once she roams around by herself. But so far, Mama is not willing to let her baby do that yet! I might have to give in at 10 or 11 years old but for now its still “NO WAY” !
What do others think? And what are some good reasons to give a tween a phone?
Popularity: 5% [?]