Guava Pie: a Quick Desert
I think every hostess needs a few party tricks. My guava pie is one of my favorite. It’s so easy. It looks amazing and it’s vaguely Cubanish. I am Cuban American so Cubanish works well for me.
The hardest thing about this recipe might be finding the Guava paste locally. You can buy it on Amazon. You can try it with other jellies like Apricot. I am sure it will be tasty.
Ingredients for 2 Pies:
- 1 Pie Philsbury Crust Package
- 1 Goya Guava Tin
- 1 egg folk
1.Heat the oven to 425
2. Let Pie crust warm up- 10 to 15mins
3.Open the Guava tin and split the Guava horizontally
4. Place the pie crust in two pie tins
5. Put a half of a Guava paste in each pie
6. Fold the sides as artsy as you want to
7. Use a paint brush to dab the egg wash
8. Cook for 30 to 35 mins. The crust should be brown and the Guava should be melted.
Be careful the guava gets extremely hot when cooked so let cool a good 15 mins before you serve.
Goes great solo or with ice cream. Slightly different but easy, my kind of recipe.
Get more Sabroso Saturday recipes over at Latina on a Mission !
Popularity: 94% [?]