Cook and Shop With the Epicurious iPhone App
I love trying out new recipes. Just ask my husband. I have so many cook books. The problem is that I don’t use them anymore. With the convenience of the computer, all I have to do to find a recipe is head to Google, type in a few keywords, and tons of options are at my fingertips. I even have an app on my home page that allows me to put in the ingredients I have in my kitchen to find recipes that will fit.
The only problem with this approach is that I tend to print out the recipes I find, and I’ve got a bunch of loose papers floating around my kitchen. My iPhone has once again come to my rescue! I’ve downloaded several cooking apps that let me find a recipe I like and follow along without printing anything out or taking up 15 inches of valuable counter space with my laptop. My favorite one right now is the cooking app from Epicurious.
Why I like Epicurious:
- Easy to search – by category, ingredient, occasion, dietary considerations
- Allows you to create and store shopping lists
- Variety – Over 25,000 recipes pulled from Bon Appetit, Gourmet, renowned chefs and cookbooks
- With this variety comes lots of cultural recipes
- Users can email recipes to friends or to themselves
- You can save recipes to your favorites
- Recipes can be viewed step-by-step if you turn the phone on its side.
This app is fabulously convenient and is an easy way to mix it up a little in the kitchen. The only thing I would change is the shopping list feature. As it stands, it seems that you have to add an entire recipe to your shopping list. It would be better for me if I could simply add one or two ingredients and customize my shopping list.
Do you use cooking apps in the kitchen? Which is your favorite? I’d love to try something new!
Popularity: 46% [?]