Grilled Tomato Salsa: Fresh & Easy
I did not grow up with salsa (not in Cuban cuisine, much to the surprise of many of my American friends) and it took me a while to find a simple way to make it that both kids and adults like.
I like to grill the tomatoes to add smokey flavor. I use a lot of lime to add flavor without too much spiciness. I make a lot of salsa at one time because it goes fast and tastes even better in a few days. If you like spicier salsa, add a chopped jalapeno to this recipe. I tend to fry fresh chips to dip in my fresh salsa.
- 4 tomatoes grilled until blackened
- 2 limes squeezed
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- A bunch of cilantro chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Put chopped garlic and onions in a bowl
- Puree grilled tomato with salt in a food processor
- Put grilled tomato and lime juice in the bowl
- Sprinkle the cilantro on top and toss gently
This is a crowd favorite and pretty quick. Goes great with Sangria or cebreza!
Popularity: 4% [?]