Boliche: Pot Roast Recipe Cuban Style
When ever I am really busy, stressed and burned out, I turn to cooking. I especially like to cook for friends. So this Saturday even though I didn’t have time to cook I did it anyway. I am now way behind but happy.
I started cooking at 3pm which is way late for Boliche (Cuban pot roast). I like my pot roast to fall to pieces. My Husband prefers it a bit less falling apart so this is a personal choice. I would go for cooking for 6 hours minimum if you like the falling apart version.
Ingredients (serves about 10):
- 5 pounds of beef (i used bottom round)
- 4 tbsps of olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves
- 4 onions
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 beers
- 1/cup chicken broth
- Make a marinade for the beef. Put lemon juice, 2 tbsps of olive oil , garlic cloves, herbs , salt and pepper in blender. Coat the beef with marinade and let sit overnight or at least 1 hour in a pot that you can cook in.
- Take beef and either grill it or brown it in a new pan with 1 tbsp olive oil. I like the smokey flavor of the grill.
- Add oil to the pan were you marinaded the beef and add the onions. Cook till very brown.
- Add back the beef with 2 beers and 1/2 cup of broth. Cook high till it boils then lower and then cover simmer for as long as you can (6 hours is what i do). Add the extra broth if the juices run low .
- Make sure to let sit and serve with plenty of sauce . The best part!
Enjoy with white rice and some black beans.
Popularity: 26% [?]