Thanksgiving Leftovers Recipe: Turkey Curry Soup
I am getting tired of the turkey by now but I hate wasting food so I needed to get creative with the turkey leftovers. I also think curry has a way of transforming the taste of food so I went with Turkey Curry soup to give my turkey a much needed makeover.
I made enough soup for two as this is more of grown-up meal. This is a super fast soup which is relatively healthy.
- 2 cups left over turkey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cardamons
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 onion – don’t bother to chop
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 5 cups of water
- Brown the onion in the oil
- Add turkey and all the spices. Coat the turkey in the spices and brown a bit.
- Add water
- Add potato
- Add Peas and carrots
- Cook at until boil and then simmer for about 20 mins. (potatoes are firm but you can put a knife thru them)
- Serve immediately with extra pepper on top
This soup is not a dish I would serve to guest but for a fast home cooked soup it does the trick. Enjoy and maybe add a piece of that left over pumpkin pie for dessert.
Popularity: 32% [?]