Holiday Cupcake Recipe: It’s all about the toppings
I tend to bake a lot during the Holidays! Cupcakes are always welcomed at holiday parties, especially if you add some holiday touches. These are a big hit with the kids and grown-ups that sneak some too!
The batter is pound cake like and very tasty! These do not require any real skill to decorate so perfect for the cupcake novice! I use soy in all my recipes to bake as it’s lighter and I like the taste. We also have milk allergies in the house so no dairy at my house and we don’t miss it.
This recipe produces approximately 24 cupcakes.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 & 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup melted earth balance/butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk ( I use soy)
- 5 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix eggs, vanilla, butter and milk, gradually adding in the dry ingredients.
- Put batter into baking cups, bake for 14/15 minutes or until done.
While the cupcakes cool, start on the frosting.
- Mix 5 cups of powdered sugar, 1/2 cup melted butter , 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tbs vanilla and 1/2 cup milk.
- You may have to play around with adding more sugar or milk to get non-grainy frosting with the right consistency for spreading.
- Frost the cupcakes and sprinkle with powdered sugar and red candy sugar, then add a mini-candy cane.
Bring to a party and watch them go fast!
Popularity: 21% [?]